Re: undefined NASport's inserted into Calls .. OK?

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 19 Jun 1998 12:12:28 -0700

Steve Rich wrote:

> I'm using SQL Server 6.5 and Radius 2.2. My calls table has the
> standard 4-part primary key, and no other constraints. I thought that
> the NASports had to be defined in table serverports in order for the
> Radius to insert into Calls, but I've been receiving records into Calls
> with NASport's much greater than those defined (3Com HyperARC card on
> USR TotalControl). Do I need to define the NASports if I'm not going to
> use serverports? Are there any other problems with Radius and inserting
> accounting records if I were to define the Server recrd but leave only a
> single record in serverports as NASport = 0?

Inserting accounting records has now constraints or relationships
outside of the calls table. Therefore, its irrelevant what the
ServerPorts
table contains for storing accounting. However, the ServerPorts table
is required to be populated correctly for things like concurrency
control.