Re: New install

OTR Communications, LLC ( (no email) )
Wed, 17 Jun 1998 17:22:59

--=====================_898129379==_

At 06:15 PM 6/17/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi
>
>I am new to Radius Servers.
>
>When I install the server and when i initalize it I get this message...
>
>Radius: No such service:radius/udp in your services file.
>Defaulting to port 1645 for RADIUS Authentication.
>Radius: No such service:radacct/udp in your services file.
>Defaulting to port 1646 for RADIUS Authentication.

I do not know if this will help, but look in the
?:\Winnt\system32\drivers\etc (I have NT Server installed on my D drive, so
replace the "?" with what ever drive you have NT server installed on). In
the "etc" directory you will fid a file called services (no extension).
Open it up with Notepad and scroll down in the file until you get to
numbers <1645 and >1646. Then you want to insert the lines for radius and
radacct like they are in the enclosed clip from my services file.

This was part of the setup that I had to do for Emerald/RadiusNT.

>Could somebody please explain them to me??
>
>Thanks
>

>rabaut@hcc.cc.fl.us
>Hillsborough Community College
>P.O. Box 5096
>Tampa, Florida 33675-5096

--=====================_898129379==_

kpop 1109/tcp # Pop with Kerberos
phone 1167/udp
ingreslock 1524/tcp
radius 1645/udp
radacct 1646/udp
maze 1666/udp
nfs 2049/udp # sun nfs
knetd 2053/tcp # Kerberos de-multiplexor