(no subject)

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 16 Jun 1998 11:04:35 -0700

Doris Dean wrote:

> Dale, I'm getting this message again ... it looks like stopping and starting radius didn't
> correct the problem ... so long as I don't turn on ODBC in the radius administrator all of
> our clients get authenticated. As soon as the ODBC is turned on they get a dialogue box
> asking for a password and radius sends out the message below .... Radius has been working
> fine for about a year .. the version we are running is 1.16.6 ... the version of radius
> administrator is 1.1

I would recommend upgrading to RadiusNT 2.5. The below problem could be
one of two
things. The first, and most likely, is a bug in 1.x that is now
starting to show
up as the system gets busier. The second could be an issue with 1.x and
ODBC 3.0
or higher that some customers have reported.

There isn't a lot of advice I can give on a three year old product,
since I wouldn't
know where to start or be able to track the problem to any detail.