Re: Handling Special Attributes and Record Types

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 08 Jun 1998 12:18:49 -0700

Sheldon Edwards wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We are interested in implementing the Call Check feature on our
> Livingston Portmasters. Using a text file this would be accomplish by
> entering a special record in the users file of the following format:
>
> 9255551215 Service-Type = Call-Check, Calling-Station-Id =
> "9255551215", Called
>
> fred Auth-Type = System
> Service-Type = Framed-User,
> Framed-Protocol = PPP
>
> We are using Radius in ODBC mode and we want to make maintenance as
> simple as possible. In what tables should this information be entered??

In the RadConfigs (user specific attributes) or RadATConfigs (account typpe
default attributes) table you can specify the attribute and make sure
the RadCheck column for that attribute is set to 1.

> We also noticed that using a text file, one of the check items is
> NAS-Port-Type. However this is not found in Radius. How does Radius
> handles these check items amd if we wanted to add more check items, how
> could we do this in Radius

I assume in the above you mean RadiusNT, not Radius? You would handle
them just like above. RadiusNT 2.5 supports check attributes in ODBC
mode. The RadCheck column tells RadiusNT whether the attribute is a
check attribute (1) or a reply attribute (0).