Re: Bad digest error?

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sat, 06 Jun 1998 12:46:12 -0700

Kevin L. Gross wrote:

> I'm setting up a news server to query a customer's Radius box to
> allow access to my news server. The customer is using RadiusNT.
> I am using the Perl5 Authen::Radius package.

I have no experience with this.

> Now on the WindowsNT system running the RadiusNT, the log shows my
> system connecting over the internet, but displays a "Bad Digest" and
> goes no further. We are fairly certain the host, secret, user & pass are
> accurate.

Bad digest mean the secret received was incorrect.

> I don't pretend to understand RadiusNT or NT itself for that matter but
> I'm pretty sure the Perl on my UNIX system is working OK, or the target
> system would not show the source system's name. I could be wrong. ;-)

Have you had the person running RadiusNT double check THIER side of
the configuration? RadiusNT has been tested against a large number
of RADIUS clients. I would think its irrelevant that its running
on WindowsNT, also.