Re: NASidentifier

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sat, 16 May 1998 11:36:20 -0700 ()

On Sat, 16 May 1998, Lamar Townsend wrote:

> I can understand that.. Which would I be better off doing, switching to
> 2.5? I am kinda new to SQL so I have no idea how to change the primary
> key. Are there some instructions on how to do this? I hate to switch away
> from 2.2 right now.. We are suppose to go live monday and it really seems
> to be working well right now except for this little problem.

If you are not familiar with Databases, then I would recommend
downloading RadiusNT 2.5 (and the example MS Access database
that comes with it) and use it. It is much more forgiving that
2.2 is (well, it knows more about the evolution of the RADIUS
protocol than 2.2 did).

Otherwise, in MS Access click on design (edit) for your Calls table.
In the edit screen, the far right column is the default for each
field. For the fields that have a key to the far left, put a
default in there. For example:

Field Default
NAS-Identifier 0.0.0.0
NAS-Port 9999
Acct-Session-ID 0 (or possibly Now)
Acct-Status-Type 0
Username NULL

After saving those, the records should save and you should
be able to continue.

Dale