Re: RadiusNT in ODBC without Emerald?

Spencer Tabbert ( stabbert@execpc.com )
Wed, 06 May 1998 00:23:07 -0500

Mike Noel wrote:

> I'm trying to get RadiusNT setup in ODBC mode but I'm not using Emerald.
> I'm using SQL Server for my ODBC database but I don't know how to set up
> the tables in the database so that RadiusNT will use them.
>
> I have the database setup with the tables listed in the written
> documentation. I also created the columns as specified in the
> documentation. However, I'm not able to determine what values need to be
> in the tables to start with.
>
> I have looked at the radius7.mdb file and the columns in that don't match
> the documentation. For example, with the MasterAccounts table there are
> quite a few fields that aren't in the documentation (eg, Address1) but are
> in the mdb file.
>
> Is there a SQL Server example database that I can use or a way to convert
> from radius7.mdb to a SQL Server db? Or is there some documentation
> somewhere that gives explicit details on setting up the database for
> authentication?
>
> Maybe someone who has this setup would be willing to send me an excerpt
> from their db?
>
> BTW, I'm pretty sure that the database is set up properly with security
> since I put the license in the table and radiusNT is finding it when it
> tries to do an authentication.
>
> Thanks for any info.
>
> _M_

I am about exactly the same predictament. While I do have users authenticating
thru SQL Server the documentation on how to setup the tables and what stored
procedures need to be included is sketchy at best. I would really like to
understand how each table is used and how to correctly set them up. Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

One main thing that I am working on now is getting concurency control
working. I have the stored procedure CheckCallsOnline working correctly when
the debug mode is running. In other words I can see that the program is
checking to see if there are any entries in the table CallsOnline when running
in debug mode. The problem that I am having is WHEN and HOW do entries get
added to the CallsOnline table. Am I suppose to create a trigger in SQL
Server or is Radius itself suppose to make entries to the CallsOnline table.
It seems as if entries are never getting made to this table. This also seems
to true to tables such as the ServerPorts table which if I am right is suppose
to track which user logged into the last port.

Thanks,
Spener Tabbert