Re: 56K vs 33.6K authentication

Jim Dunmyer ( jdunmyer@toltbbs.com )
Thu, 30 Apr 1998 19:17:53 -0400

At 04:07 PM 4/30/98 -0700, you wrote:
>You must have it good in your neck of the woods.
>
>PRI costs us $1500/mo and Channelized T1 costs us $1375/mo. That means
>we're paying +/- $60 per channel versus $35 per line for POTS.

POTS is about $32.50, Channel Bank T1 is about $450.00 for 24 channels. As
I said, PRI isn't even available out of our CO. I'm very, very happy with
my USR racks connected to the Channel-bank T1s; I don't think anyone
connects below 41kbps, and it's more common to have 48-50K connections.
Folks who are close to their COs see 53K and THEY are happy as pigs in mud.
Which of course makes me very happy. :-)

<<jdunmyer@toltbbs.com>>
<<www.toltbbs.com/~jims>>