Re: converting from text-mode to ODBC-mode

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 28 Apr 1998 22:07:43 -0700

Mike Noel wrote:

> > > We currently run radiusnt in text-mode but we want to change to ODBC
> > > mode. Is there a way to automatically load all the users from the
> > > text user file to the database? BTW, we're using SQL Server.
> >
> > No there isn't. The test file just doesn't have enough relevant
> > information.
>
> We have about 2600 users on a system where we use an older radiusNT in
> text-mode. We want to switch to ODBC-mode. What's the best way to
> transfer all those users to the SQL Server databases?

It wouldn't be that difficult to write a program to create
MA/SA entries from a users file. However, as I noted above, there
is SO LITTLE data in the users file, that you would need to go back
to each user and update the information manually anyways. Unless
you have more information somewhere to make an import more meaningful,
I don't know much else to recommend.