Re: Going from Access to SQL...
Mon, 27 Apr 1998 16:36:37 -0400

At 01:11 PM 4/27/98 -0700, you wrote:

>Check two things. First Look at the maExpireDate, Extension, and Limit
>What are they and what do they total?
maExpite and OverDue are NULL Extension is 0.

I am usinh MS SQL Server, btw, not Emerald.

>Secondly, make sure you do not have
>the "use regional date settings" in the ODBC enabled. RadiusNT 2.2 doesn't
>like that option. :)

I am not

>> So upgrade to RadiusNT 2.5.1 (Which I removed from the production box
>> yesterday due to 4 freezes yesterday--another story). Now, I can get
>> authenticated. Everything looks good, for about 30 seconds. Then it UPDATES
>RadiusNT 2.5 does work with that ODBC option enabled. :)
>> the calls table again, and again, and again, about every 30 seconds you are
>> online. When you logoff, it updates the calls table with a stop record and
>> then another start record. This leaves the ServerPorts table believing that
>> you are still online!
>I would guess that your NAS is re-sending the accounting records. Check
>the timeout on it. Also, you might want to isntall the trigger on your

Where can I find the trigger?

>database with the latest one I posted here, as it can stop most of the
>older accounting records from overwriting newer ones from the callsonline
>persepective. RadiusNT with manual calls update doesn't have that
>> I then sent only Stop records. Then the same situation acurred with the
>> Update to CallsOnline, with the last update, after you logged off, saying
>> that you are still online.
>I don't follow this. Do you mean you selected the stop records only
>option in RadiusNT Admin?

>This just tells RadiusNT to manually
>update the callsonline when it received a start record, and not to
>store it in the database.
>> I have read and reread the debug window. There is no indication there of
>> why it is sending so many accounting acks for the start record and only one
>> for the stop record.
>RadiusNT only responds to what the NAS sends. It can't tell the NAS
>to re-sent the accounting records. :) What kind of NAS are you using
>and what OS version? Those are a couple of important things you
>didn't mention.

PM3e 30 ComOs 3.7.2

The problem is not ocurring when I use the Access db. No multiple acks are
sent. This only ocurrs with sql and 2.5.1. How could it be the NAS?

InterNet Access Network
18 McDaniel Street
Dayton, OH 45405-4816
Voice: 937-461-3660 Fax:937-228-2773