Re: Going from Access to SQL...

hostmaster@interaxs.net
Mon, 27 Apr 1998 16:36:37 -0400

At 01:11 PM 4/27/98 -0700, you wrote:

>Check two things. First Look at the maExpireDate, Extension, and Limit
fields.
>What are they and what do they total?
maExpite and OverDue are NULL Extension is 0.

I am usinh MS SQL Server, btw, not Emerald.

>Secondly, make sure you do not have
>the "use regional date settings" in the ODBC enabled. RadiusNT 2.2 doesn't
>like that option. :)

I am not

>> So upgrade to RadiusNT 2.5.1 (Which I removed from the production box
>> yesterday due to 4 freezes yesterday--another story). Now, I can get
>> authenticated. Everything looks good, for about 30 seconds. Then it UPDATES
>
>RadiusNT 2.5 does work with that ODBC option enabled. :)
>
>> the calls table again, and again, and again, about every 30 seconds you are
>> online. When you logoff, it updates the calls table with a stop record and
>> then another start record. This leaves the ServerPorts table believing that
>> you are still online!
>
>I would guess that your NAS is re-sending the accounting records. Check
>the timeout on it. Also, you might want to isntall the trigger on your

Where can I find the trigger?

>database with the latest one I posted here, as it can stop most of the
>older accounting records from overwriting newer ones from the callsonline
>persepective. RadiusNT with manual calls update doesn't have that
>ability.
>
>> I then sent only Stop records. Then the same situation acurred with the
>> Update to CallsOnline, with the last update, after you logged off, saying
>> that you are still online.
>
>I don't follow this. Do you mean you selected the stop records only
>option in RadiusNT Admin?

Yes

>This just tells RadiusNT to manually
>update the callsonline when it received a start record, and not to
>store it in the database.
>
>> I have read and reread the debug window. There is no indication there of
>> why it is sending so many accounting acks for the start record and only one
>> for the stop record.
>
>RadiusNT only responds to what the NAS sends. It can't tell the NAS
>to re-sent the accounting records. :) What kind of NAS are you using
>and what OS version? Those are a couple of important things you
>didn't mention.

PM3e 30 ComOs 3.7.2

The problem is not ocurring when I use the Access db. No multiple acks are
sent. This only ocurrs with sql and 2.5.1. How could it be the NAS?

Jim

hostmaster@interaxs.net
InterNet Access Network
18 McDaniel Street