Re: Shiva accounting probs

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sun, 26 Apr 1998 10:59:32 -0700

Paul W. Wilcox wrote:

> I believe this may be the same problem as the Ascend MAX question recently
> asked. However we have a Shiva based network (Access switches and
> Lanrover/E's scattered around regional nodes) authenticating through RADIUS
> NT 2.2 / MS Access 97
>
> After an unexpected restart, one of our regional LanRovers is constantly
> sending accounting packets to the server, and whilst the server gets the
> info, and logs it the LanRover is not receiving (or accepting?) the
> acknowledgement.
>
> It has now got to the point where our access db has blown out by about 30Mb
> per day, this is obviously bringing our sytem to it's knees.
>
> Any ideas how we can stop this problem?

And a snipet of the -x15 would include? Thats the first thing you
should look at when having problems. If this started when the
LanRover was rebooting, is it sending duplicate accounting ID
numbers?

There are some issue where RadiusNT doesn't send a reply (like
a DB problem, etc). -x15 debug will show you that error.