Re: Calls On Line Update

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 23 Apr 1998 10:49:36 -0700

George G. Stossel wrote:

> We are running RadiusNT 2.2 with ODBC to the data base using MS Access.
>
> We have noted that on occasion we have calls disconnecting (from an
> Ascend MAX 4048) and the termination accounting transaction is not
> causing the ServerPorts table to be updated to a stop condition for that
> port. This, of course, causes the user not to be permitted to log on
> again since they are configured not to be permitted concurrent log on.
>
> One mitigating factor could be the fact that we have been attempting to
> set up a backup server running RadiusNT on a copy of the database. The
> MAX has been set up with both IP addresses for both Authentication and
> Accounting. Is it possible that the MAX is sending the "stop"
> accounting transaction to the backup server?

Ascend has this wonderful ideal to use RADIUS servers as a pool,
not in order. So an Ascend will stick with the RADIUS server its
on until it doesn't like it anymore, then move one. This can cause
great problems if you are trying to use concurrency control, and
both RadiusNT servers are not pointing to the same database.