Re: RadiusNT ODBC problem

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 22:31:06 -0700

Greg Hastings wrote:

> I am attempting to setup a secondary radiusNT server using ODBC Access
> database. We have had primary radiusNT server running on MSSQL server for
> almost a year. But I can't seem to get the secondary running for test
> purposes.
> If I try to start it with radius -x15 in DOS mode, it goes through a list of
> SQL statements, appears to connect to the database ok, loads 1 user from the
> database. The last line says something like "acc no errors" and then it
> returns to the DOS prompt. No errors of any sort are reported.

RadiusNT doesn't cache users from the database, so you are probably running
in both mode. You would really need to post the exact -x15 debug for us
to help you. If the error you are getting is an acct bind error, it
means there is another copy of RadiusNT running.

> If I try to run as a service, it fails to start with an error message
> "process terminated unexpectedly".

See above.

> This is all very familiar from the trials and tribulations of getting it all
> to work with SQL server, but I can't remember what the fixes were.

Post the -x15 debug of the problem is usually the fastest way for
use to help you.