Re: Concurrency Question

Majordomo@essex1.com ( (no email) )
Mon, 20 Apr 1998 10:08:54 -0500

Howdy;
We had to turn concurrency off. During the first night we had a few users
that had been dropped for some reason. For the remainder of the night they
were deigned access because radius still thought they were still on-line.
They were on ports that were not used again until the next night. I had to
clear them out of the ServerPorts database before they could log back in. I
suspected this may happen because the radius count of users on-line was
always higher then the actual number on-line. Oh Well, now to plan 'B'. It
was nice while it lasted.

Thanks :)

At 08:31 PM 4/18/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Majordomo@essex1.com wrote:
>>
>> Hi;
>> We turned concurrency on today (radius 2.2, odbc MS access 97,
PM2&PM3's)
>> and it seem to be working great. However, if someone disconnects in
>> non-standard way (locked up computer etc.), when does radius clear their
>> information from the ServerPorts table? Or are they denied access until
>> someone else uses that Portmaster port?
>
>RadiusNT clears the information on receipt of another accounting packet for
>that port. Have you tried to capture a request during a situation like
>this to see what its doing?
>
>> We use Pmmon to watch for low byte count and total hours. I was
wondering
>> if Pmmon resetting Portmaster ports was going to cause radius to deny
>> access to the same users trying to dial back in later.
>
>Doubtful unless there is some problem with the PM in those situations.
>
>--
>Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea-software.com)

R. Laughlin
Majordomo@essex1.com