Re: Mail Software

David Thake ( (no email) )
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 17:28:51 +0200

Hi Dave,

Yes, I want to be able to allow my current users to open an extra email
account. The idea is that this extra account is NOT opened as an NT user
account but rather on a different database used by the Mail Server. In that
way I won't be limiting the login names available to dial-up customers.

I currently am evaluating Mailsite but it does not seem to allow this.

David

-----Original Message-----
From: David Payer +ADw-david.payer+AEA-ia-omni.com+AD4-
To: ntisp+AEA-iea-software.com +ADw-ntisp+AEA-iea-software.com+AD4-
Date: Thursday, August 27, 1998 3:03 PM
Subject: Re: Mail Software

+AD4APg-
+AD4APg-I am looking for a mail server software package that will allow me to
offer
+AD4APg-a service wherein my users may create an extra email account (no admin
+AD4APg-intervention required) either on an NT user base or else on a separate
+AD4APg-database.
+AD4APg-
+AD4APg-The idea is to be able to do this via a web interface.
+AD4APg-
+AD4APg-Any clues?
+AD4APg-
+AD4-Sure, you can have a web interface to create new NT user accounts but do
you
+AD4-really want to do this? What will stop everyone from coming in and creating
+AD4-accounts that can then use mail or are you trying to make a free mail
+AD4-service? If you are doing that, you may want to consider Emurl from
Seattle
+AD4-Labs that allows someone to see their mail on existing POP3 servers via the
+AD4-web.
+AD4-
+AD4-Are you trying to allow the user to make only ONE extra account?
+AD4-
+AD4-David Payer
+AD4-www.ia-omni.com
+AD4-