RE: Compaq vs. PM3

Ronnie D. Franklin ( ronnie@itexas.net )
Sun, 23 Aug 1998 17:20:24 -0500

I do not have any experience with the PM3, but I am using the Compaq Access
Servers and am very happy with them.

We installed our first boxes the first week of January, 1998. I had some
major startup problems, part of it due to the telephone company and the
other part due to Compaq... However, I was the first one to get the 56k
production modems and most of the problems related to them. After the
telco problems and initial setup problems were solved they have worked just
great....

I might add that Compaq was very very helpful... even to the point of
sending 2 techs out for a week and one engineer from Boston down for a
week.. all at their expense.. I was quite impressed by the service!!!!!

You may find some old stock out there.. so if you order the Compaq
equipment make sure that they ship with the MNC II, that's the network
controller, and the II is a better board than the original...

Thanks,

Ronnie

On Sunday, August 23, 1998 4:04 PM, Preston Korn [SMTP:preston@jaycreek.
com] wrote:
> Does anyone have any input on the compaq access servers vs the Lucent
PM3?