Re: NAS Recommendations

John Lange ( radadmin@palacenet.net )
Sat, 22 Aug 1998 09:56:55 -0500

HI

I know this will be a lot of help. I feel real "Charlie Brownish" today
(wishy-washy){GRIN} and one of my vendors called me a "Propeller Head"
Yesterday. Has anyone heard this term before? Or am I just that far out
in the middle of Wisconsin that it took this long to filter in?

[Back on Topic]

All I know is that our PM3's that we bought 4 months ago have been running
flawlessly. The biggest drawback I see with them is Future Compatibility
with Emerging Technologies.

I'm afraid that they will go to the stack of PM2's in about another year,
only to be replaced by something that will do "ip Telephony". Video
processing, or some new thing that the PM3's poor little 486 CPU won't be
able to handle.

You might have better luck with a PM4, your TC's or I believe Ascend make's
a more advanced product.

JOhn :}

At 03:17 PM 8/21/1998 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>Currently we are using 3Com TC and are about to purchase additional units.
>We thought it would be a good time to check out the competition. Can
>anyone share their feelings regarding PM3's, MAX6000's, Cisco AS5300, and
>Bay's 5399. Any advice will be appreciated.
>
>Regards,
>
>Ray

John C. Lange, Sr. PALACE dot NET, INC.
microjl@palacenet.net MICRO-TECH Computers, Inc.
608.742.1601 & 6980 1918 New Pinery Road
http://www.palacenet.net/ Portage, WI 53901
Visit our online store @ http://www.microt.com/
Authorized iPSwitch WebVar @ http://www.microt.com/iPSwitch/index.html

--- __o