Re: Urgent!

John Lange ( )
Wed, 19 Aug 1998 10:49:45 -0500

I am not sure if this will help, but I had an NTFS problem once and need a
program from the NT Resource Kit. I think it was called FTedit. It
allowed me to edit the drive description table and add a missing drive.

Maybe it will help
JOhn :|

At 06:18 PM 8/19/1998 +100, you wrote:
>Earlier on today I posted a question about upgrading from one processor
>to Multiprocessor kernal. I tried using the uptomb.exe program and ended up
>having an ntfs error on loading.
>To cut a long story short.....
>I had two mirrored drives of 3G each, I broke the mirror and formatted one
>The other drive which formed part of the mirror is now being seen as an
>Fdisk in DOS can see that the drive is an NTFS drive.
>I have tried the editreg program that is mentioned in the support section
>but that did not help. The drive format is still shown as unknown.
>I have very valuable data on the drive which I really need to access
>Does anyone know what I can do? If you mention the use of a utility I would
>really appreciate your pointing me towards its direction.
>David Thake

John C. Lange, Sr. PALACE dot NET, INC. MICRO-TECH Computers, Inc.
608.742.1601 & 6980 1918 New Pinery Road Portage, WI 53901
Visit our online store @
Authorized iPSwitch WebVar @

--- __o
--- _-\<,_ Fastest Service in Town