Re: PRI ORDERING QUESTIONS

Alan D. Criado ( (no email) )
Tue, 18 Aug 1998 13:51:05 -0400

Hi Mark.

At 01:08 PM 8/18/98 -0400, Mark DeWar wrote:
>I have one pri currently hooked into a hayes mr200.
>We ordered 2 PM-3's and ordered 4 more pri's. They called me today and asked
>if I wanted
>1 d channel shared or each on its own d channel

You probably want each PRI with it's own D-Channel. That is how ours are
configured.

>and if the b channels selection should be high to low, low to high,
>counterclock wise, circulor, or uniform call distribution.

This refers to the sequence the calls come in on, for instance.

Calls start on channel 1 and proceed through sequentially through to 23 or
they can start on 23 and work their way down to 1. I would imagine you
would want the "circulor" method, if by that they are referring to the
hunting sequence. By hunting sequence, I mean when PRI #1 fills up, it
then goes to PRI#2, then #3 and then #4, at which time it tries to go from
#4 back to #1 again.

In any event, you probably want them to hunt from one PRI to the next one
when the first one is busy.

>I looked in the pm3 manual but saw nothing saying what or which it should be.
>
>Help apprecitated.
>
>thanks
>mark

Ciao.