Re: EXE to update dialers

Paul W. Wilcox ( (no email) )
Tue, 11 Aug 1998 09:20:54 +1000

Hi Mike

If you create a file in notepad called whatever.ins , and add the
following detail (obviously changing it with your DNS, dialin number info
etc.) the user can then just double click on it and it will setup a new DUN
connection and make it the default. This will work on virtually all
Win95/98 machines because the .ins extension is associated with the Internet
Connection Wizard (part of IE and dial-up networking). Otherwise there's an
app in Microsofts IEAK which I believe allows you to do this.

[Entry]
Entry_Name=The Internet

[User]
Requires_Logon=Yes