Re: What would happen if...

Kevin Ingram ( (no email) )
Tue, 4 Aug 1998 14:36:00 -0500

Do what we do: We also run a computer retail location with service center.
We offer free service for 1) hardware we sell... 2) software we are OEM
for... 3) Internet connection or navigation problems. We try to offer SOME
help for beginners and occasional help for downloaders and bargain software
purchased from a sellout at Walmart, but if it isn't really our
responsibility and theres no simple fix we do one of two things:

--Tell them to call either the software company they are having trouble
with, or the hardware company that made their unit, whichever applies. We
lay all responsibility for such things directly on the
manufacturer/developer, where it should be.
--If that wont work, we will service the unit for them at standard repair
rates, like any industry would. (If Ford won't fix your car for you, our
independent mechanics will be glad to look at it for a normal fee...) Most
people are pleased that our services are available when the source of their
problem sidesteps responsibility, and our customers dont mind paying for it
as long as we produce results. (Better than throwing it in the dumpster!)

Once we gain their trust with solving a few "unsolvable" problems, we
usually become their heroes and we have a very dedicated and loyal customer
(as long as we continue to take care of them!)

I still believe in fair trade, and I think most consumers would agree.

Thats my opinion anyway.
Kevin Ingram