Re: IIS4 Problems...

Cyberop ( losco@techie.com )
Mon, 13 Jul 1998 09:03:07 -0700

I ran across this
the timeout is set way to high for open connections to the web server, when
I installed it it was set to 900 seconds, it locks the pages and their that
anyone is looking at for that 900 seconds, and if someone reloads then the
time starts over. I changed the timeout to 120 and have had no problems
since.

At 11:53 AM 7/13/98 -0400, you wrote:

>It seems that the Microsoft v.4 bug has arisen again (once more to the loss
>of my hair).
>
>I'm having a problem with IIS4 on NT Server 4. It locks all files for
>exclusive use all the time. I've got customers calling in saying that they
>cannot update their pages, all the time. I'm not able to remove people's
>sites after they quit. I've got my Creative Services team starting up a
>lynching mob.
>
>Anyone got any ideas on this?
>
>Thanks!
>

>Brian Lube
>System Administrator
>MPInet
>
>http://www.mpinet.net

On a day no different than the one now dawning, Leonardo drew the first
strokes of the Mona Lisa, Shakespeare wrote the first words of Hamlet, and
Beethoven began work on his Ninth Symphony. And Windows98 Crashed!

Carlo Krun
cyberop@is-plus.net
System Administrator 541-955-8564 http://www.is-plus.net
Internet Solutions Plus, Inc. 541-955-8564
225 SE 8th St FAX - 541-955-9141
Grants Pass, Or 97526