[NTISP Digest]

ntisp-digest-request@iea-software.com
Mon, 13 Jul 1998 00:00:45 -0700

Message 1: Re: Redundancy & Fault Tolerance
from "Paul W. Wilcox" <paulw@surfthe.net.au>

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 1 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: Re: Redundancy & Fault Tolerance
From: "Paul W. Wilcox" <paulw@surfthe.net.au>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 08:44:33 +1000

Hi Victor

Check out a product from DPT. http://www.dpt.com/serveron.htm.

The product is called ServerOnCall, Effectively it requires the use of their
raid controllers and the software, but continually checks the "heartbeat" of
all servers on the network and if any one fails a backup server immediately
gets put online with that servers configuration, hard disk data etc.

Too much detail to explain here as to what it does and how, and perhaps it's
a "next step" solution for you rather than solving your immediate problem
(i.e. I think it requires 3 servers), but it is a great system, cheaper
than wolfpack, and definitely worth a look.

Regards

Paul W. Wilcox
Director - Sales and Marketing
Surf The Net Australia