[NTISP Digest]

ntisp-digest-request@iea-software.com
Fri, 10 Jul 1998 00:00:00 -0700

Message 1: BIND 4.9.7
from "Mike Roberts" <mike@datawest.net>

Message 2: switches
from Mark DeWar <inetmail@fiber-net.com>

Message 3: hd setup on nt40
from Mark DeWar <inetmail@fiber-net.com>

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 1 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: BIND 4.9.7
From: "Mike Roberts" <mike@datawest.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 19:03:43 -0600

Question about the freeware BIND 4.9.7 port for NT, BIND NT.

I read the BOG.WRI and didn't find the answer to this one.

Somewhere along the line my secondary stopped answering NSLOOKUP requests to
list domains. My primary still responds to NSLOOKUP requests.

When I use NSLOOKUP on the secondary I get:

*** Can't list domain datawest.net.: Query refused

It is probably something simple. The first thing I checked was my XFERNETS
statement. In fact, I cannot do a lookup from the host running the DNS
service.

Any ideas?

*Mike Roberts
*DataWest Internet, LLC
*Colorado Springs - http://www.datawest.net
*(719) 633-5804 - ICQ 387413

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 2 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: switches
From: Mark DeWar <inetmail@fiber-net.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 1998 21:16:23 -0400

Want to upgrade our internet machines to 100mbs and put in a hub to connect
them then put a 100swithch in. Have read somewhat on them but still a little
confused.
What should i look for in a switch ? Won't need ipx or none of that.
What makes a cisco 1900 so much compared to a linksys deh3433 ?

and as for the 100hub anything to look for ?

thanks

mark

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 3 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: hd setup on nt40
From: Mark DeWar <inetmail@fiber-net.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 1998 21:21:10 -0400

I can't recall which list i read it on but someone(s) mentioned a way to
setup the hard drives for nt40 for better performance.
If i recall right (but probably not) it was said to partition the drive with
like a 512meg for the boot. then a 512 for the pagefile and the rest for the
apps. Is that right ?
I will probably put 4gig drives in the new machines and recall a caveat
about them but don't recall what it was either.

mark