RE: .mid files

Brian Lube ( brian@mpinet.net )
Mon, 06 Jul 1998 09:06:18 -0400

Okay. The <EMBED> tag will work with either browser, but you need to have
the mime type set for IIS to handle it properly (for some reason in NS4
setting the type in the HTML doesn't work). What you need to do is in the
properties for the web you wish to enable it for go into document types,
and there will be a button for adding MIME types. Add the ext. .mid and
..midi with an application type of audio/x-midi. This will correct the
problem.

Hope this helps!

Brian Lube
MPInet