Re: FP98 extensions & security

Ethan ( ethan@fdt.net )
Fri, 26 Jun 1998 20:52:33 -0400 (EDT)

Have you looked at the directory permissions for the actual directory
after you add the user in FrontPage Administrator? You should see the user
listed with special access permissions. Also, another tip that might help
you is one that I found digging around on the microsoft site. There are
some optimal permissions for the directory that you want to install
Frontpage extensions on. Here they are:

Administrator: Full Control
Administrators: Full Control
System: Full Control
Network: Change
Interactive: Change

Hope it helps a little bit.
On Fri, 26 Jun 1998, Christian Schmit wrote:

> Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 21:21:36 +0200
> From: Christian Schmit <cschmit@vo.lu>
> To: ntisp@iea-software.com
> Subject: FP98 extensions & security
>
> Hi,
>
> Today I played a bit with IIS4 and the Frontpage 98
> server extensions. I upgraded the server extensions
> to the latest version available on the web but I have come
> into the following difficulties:
>
> Creating a frontpage web for a virtual web server on IIS4
> seems to only work correctly when using the frontpage server
> administrator and not when enabling "frontpage web" in the IIS4
> management console under "directory properties"?
>
> Another problem I saw was that only the frontpage administrator entered
> at the creation of a frontpage web through the frontpage server administrator
> seems to be able to administrate and change the web site using the frontpage
> 98 client. Trying to add another user to the administration list of a
> frontpage
> web can be done without any error using the frontpage server administrator but
> this user isn't accepted when trying to publish a web site using the
> FP98 client. The ACL permissions seem to be correct.
>
> Any tips,
>
> Thanks,
> Christian