RE: Postoffice 3.5 released

Eric Cowperthwaite ( )
Tue, 9 Jun 1998 14:00:20 -0700

The pricing is simply ridiculous. We like Post.Office 3.1.2 very much. But,
at that sort of price, there is no way we are going to even consider
upgrading. Most vendors give their customers free, or very low cost,
upgrades within version types. Apparently doesn't think this
way, and doesn't care about customer loyalty. This pricing structure will
drive customers away in droves.

Eric W. Cowperthwaite
System Engineer
Valley Networking, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
[]On Behalf Of Richard Fink
Sent: Tuesday, June 09, 1998 1:50 PM
Subject: Re: Postoffice 3.5 released

At 09:15 PM 6/9/98 +0200, you wrote:
On the other hand I must admit that the Postoffice E-Mail server works
>flawlessly since we are using it. Rock solid never had a problem, but the
>pricing strategy of is becoming a problem for us.
>Just my 5 cents,

I'm in full agreement with you. It should have been a free upgrade for 3.x
customers. Their pricing is leading us to IMail faster than
would have ever believed.

Richard Fink Tel: 415 381-0215
WorldPassage Fax: 415 381-0822
P.O.Box 2339
Mill Valley, CA 94942
WorldPassage is a communications service and Internet Service
Provider owned and operated by RainTree Computer Systems, Inc.