RE: Cold Fusion and IIS 4.0

Bob Korch ( (no email) )
Mon, 1 Jun 1998 10:30:11 -0400

IIS 4.0 makes changes to your old mapping which must be corrected for CF
after installation. Had the same problem. Also our setup for cfm file
processing was not carried over, you may need to readd process mapping for
..cfm files to the server. Each CF site needed some breathing on to continues
to work as in pre 4.0. I've also found that 127.0.0.1 does not work well in
IIs 4.0 even for M$ installed programs like the Option Pack docs. Use your
servers main IP address instead.

Bob Korch
Southern New Jersey Inter.Net, Inc.
609-459-1700
Fax: 609-459-1701
bkorch@snji.net

-----Original Message-----
From: ntisp-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:ntisp-request@iea-software.com]On Behalf Of Victor A.
Sent: Saturday, May 30, 1998 11:10 AM
To: ntisp@emerald.iea.com
Subject: Cold Fusion and IIS 4.0

This is definitively not my day, I hope someone could help me on this one,
here is the combination of problems I'm having:

1) User was receiving information via his online form without any problems
until yesterday at 6:00 when all of a sudden he stopped receiving messages.
I've tested it myself and it's true CF display the message indicating the
form was submitted successfully. But the user gets nothing. I've changed
the e-mail addresses in the TO field, no success, who knows where is the
form going?

2) Anybody clicking on the enroll button in the following link
http://www.copeinc.com/bootcamp.html can realize what's going on. The form
is there but for some reason just don't want to work, again it was working
as of 2 days ago. I've deleted it, copied it over, recreate it, triple
checked the code..... still same error. Any suggestions

3) After upgrading to IIS 4.0 now I can't bring up the Cold Fusion
Administrator page, when I try to open it IE looks for the address
http://127.0.0.1/cfide..etc... and displays the error "could not connect
with server" how do I access the admin form now? What on earth has
changed?

I hope any one out there feels compassionate today as to be able to give
some help I've done all kinds of things and nothing has worked.

Thanks in advance.

Victor