Re: Index Server

Ethan ( ethan@fdt.net )
Sat, 30 May 1998 21:13:07 -0400 (EDT)

Are there any special configurations that I need for index server. If a
search is used it always returns an error message. Furthermore, I signed
up for Microsofts Front Page Providers program. They preformed a test on
my Frontpage extensions and replied that the index server was not
configured and the search did not work. They, of course, could not be more
specific. Any help would be appreciated.. Thanks, Ethan

On Sat, 30 May 1998, Barry Buchholz wrote:

> Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 20:25:30 -0400
> From: Barry Buchholz <bearb@mintcity.com>
> To: ntisp@iea-software.com
> Subject: Re: Index Server
>
> If you are running Index Server on the webserver machine, the search
> function in Front Page will use that for it's search reuslts. If Index is
> not running, then it uses the WAIS search engine built into the FP extensions.
>

> Barry Buchholz
> Mint City Internet
>
> At 07:50 PM 5/30/98 -0400, you wrote:
> >Are there any ideas on how to configure index server to be used with the
> >searches in Frontpage? I really have not found the documentation on
> >Microsofts site helpful.