Re: NT Server

Ethan ( ethan@fdt.net )
Fri, 29 May 1998 21:56:50 -0400 (EDT)

I have used many motherboards, but Asus and Tyan are really the best in my
opinion. They give very fast preformance and will usually give you the
least amount of problems. As for the hard drives I use IBM drives. They
have also been very reliable and the best part about them is the RMA
policy that IBM has. They typically ask very few questions about the dead
drive and they will also have a new one shipped to you sometimes by the
next day. They also pay for the return shipping.

On Fri, 29 May 1998, Otto Hoel wrote:

> Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 20:21:13 -0400
> From: Otto Hoel <ohoel@atlantic.net>
> To: ntisp@iea-software.com
> Subject: Re: NT Server
>
> Hi all,
>
> >And the M715 motherboard. I've never heard of it and am a little
> >apprehensive.
>
> I'm in the same boat, kinda...
>
> I'm in the process of starting an ISP. Got some of the equipment on hand,
> and I now need to build a server or two. So what do you recommend for a
> motherboard? I have heard good things about the ASUS and TYAN brands, are
> there any other good ones?
>
> What about hard drives? I will get SCSI and Adaptec 2940 controllers, but
> I have no idea about the drives themselves. Personally I like Maxtor since
> my two old 850Mb drives have been chugging along for years without a
> hickup, while two Western 2.1Gb died on me.
>
> Anything else I should look for? Which part of a server tend to break?
> Where can I save money, and where should I go first class?
>
> Thanks
>
> Otto