Re: Off Topic: Getting a bit shocked whenever I touch my Digiboard

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 27 May 1998 08:56:23 -0700

Danny Sinang wrote:

> This will sound funny, but the server isn't grounded at all. Power outlets
> here in the Philippines are normally two-pronged only.
>
> Can you instruct me on how to ground the PC ?

Buy one of those ground plus. One end has the proper thre plug outlet,
and the other end has the two-prongs, and a metal tab (which connects to
the third ground plug, the round one). Then you use a piece of wire to
ground the metal tab to whatever is grounded (like a water pipe, etc).
This are very common problems in older houses, and I have had to do
that before. You can get an outlet tester fairly cheap to plug in and
show if everything is ok (or open ground, reverse wiring, etc).