RE: IIS4, Midi & Netscape

Kurt A.Butzin, DDS ( (no email) )
Tue, 12 May 1998 16:11:56 -0400

That's the way for IIS3, but IIS4 doesn't use the registry to the best of my
knowledge, as there is no mime map key. Are you using IIS4, if so I'll give
it a try.

Kurt A. Butzin, DDS
President
Molarnet Technologies, Inc.
1936 Bay Street
Saginaw, MI 48602

kurt@molar.net
http://www.molar.net

Authorized iPSwitch WebVar (http://www.molar.net/ipswitch/index.html)

-----Original Message-----
From: ken french [mailto:frenchkc@gru.net]
Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 1998 2:42 PM
To: 'ntisp@emerald.iea.com'
Subject: RE: IIS4, Midi & Netscape

I don't know how you should do it, but this is
how I did it and it works.

Setting MIME Type for MIDI on Microsoft IIS Server

1.From the server, run REGEDT32.

2.Goto
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
SYSTEM
CurrentControlSet
Services
InetInfo
Parameters
MimeMap

3.From the menu bar, select Edit, Add Value,

4."Add Value" dialog box prompts for the "Value Name"

5.Enter "audio/x-midi,mid,,<" Don't enter the quotes.

6.Press Enter.

7.an "String Editor" dialog box prompts for the "String"

8.Press Enter, we leave it blank.

9.You should be able to find audio/midi in the list now.

10.Do the same for each of the following;
1.audio/midi,mid,,<
2.audio/x-midi,mid,,<
3.application/x-midi,mid,,<
4.audio/x-mid,mid,,<
5.music/crescendo,mid,,< (This was because of a particular user was using
Cresendo.)