RE: SOT - Trust Relationships between 3.51 & 4.0

Penelope Baker ( penny@newstarresources.com )
Thu, 30 Apr 1998 13:47:20 -0400

well, here's some thoughts...

1. did you go through the standard ping routine (assuming you are using
TCP/IP?)? can you use RPCping (available with exchange server Cd or
probably somewhere on MS' site) to establish NETBIOS name resolution?
2. are you running WINS, DNS or both? if you are use the command line
tool nbtstat to fully examine the NETBIOS caching on both machines for
oddities.
3. do you have an outdated hosts or lmhosts file on one of the machines?
4. same network protocols on both machines? same binding order?
5. routing issues?
6. firewall issues?

Ok, that's enough random thoughts for me..hope something gets jogged for
ya.

Penny