RE: FTP Service on IIS 4.0

rkm ( rkm@marshall.net )
Wed, 29 Apr 1998 21:13:51 -0400

I think the scalability of this implementation experiences the same
limitations as any IIS implementation, and to an extent NT itself. The whole
domain issue exists, as well as the size of the registry itself becoming a
problem at some point. I have no reason to believe that the extensions
themselves are limited, but the directories they create could cause quota
problems I suppose. I am fortunate in that our customers number in the
hundreds not thousands, but I live with as much "virgin" M$ code as I can
stand so that upgrades (such as the inevitible NT 5.0, IIS 5.0 and FP2000
etc...) don't hurt so much. There are a lot of quality solutions out
there... but for us the M$ name carries a LOT of weight. I would love to
hear from one of the "Big Boys" as to how they handle extreme volume
management.