Re: Business Plan - bandwidth/user ratio?

Amitai Rottem ( (no email) )
Sun, 26 Apr 1998 22:12:46 +0300

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01BD7160.7132DDC0

Hi,

Thanks for the URL, I'll try it. We're not looking to making any =
profits, our main goal is to setup a local server which will act as an =
Intranet server and also give the local residents cheap internet access. =
Would it be possible that you send me your business plan, or are these =
things usually confidential? (I live in Israel so I don't think I'll be =
posing any competition to you).

Bye,
Amitai Rottem@ibm.net & Rottem@yahoo.com
Web designer: www.gtcsales.com www.duma.co.il www.ophirinc.com
-----Original Message-----
From: Douglas Moore (main) <doug@MR.COM.AU>
To: 'ntisp@emerald.iea.com' <ntisp@emerald.iea.com>
Date: Sunday, April 26, 1998 2:16 PM
Subject: RE: Business Plan - bandwidth/user ratio?
=20
I've written a number of Business Plans before. My initial =
impressions for a small ISP is that margins are pretty tight, =
particularly for what we pay for bandwidth over here.=20

You might try Charles Burke's book "How to build an Internet Service =
Company"=20
(see http://www.index.mis.net/kanti/) for starters. He gives an =
outline for an ISP business plan.=20
=20
I hope someone can help me with my original queries.=20
=20

-----Original Message-----=20
From: Douglas Moore (main) < doug@MR.COM.AU =
<mailto:doug@MR.COM.AU> >
To: 'ntisp@emerald.iea.com' <mailto:'ntisp@emerald.iea.com'> =
< ntisp@emerald.iea.com <mailto:ntisp@emerald.iea.com> >
Date: Sunday, April 26, 1998 1:57 AM
Subject: Business Plan - bandwidth/user ratio?
=20
=20
Hi everybody,
I'm writing a business plan for starting an ISP business.
The ISP would provide the usual web access, web page =
hosting, email, and newsfeeds.=20
I intend using MS Proxy Server/s which caches http and ftp =
and so hope to get a cache hit ratio of about 40%.
Based on your experiences what would be an acceptable user =
to bandwidth ratio?
For example, how many users for:
1. 64k ISDN
2 128k ISDN
3. 128k frame relay
4. 256k frame relay.
Also what would be an acceptable user/modem ratio for good =
connectivity? (7?)
The rest i can calculate, but these figures can only be a =
result of experience.
Hoping someone can help
=20
Doug Moore=20

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01BD7160.7132DDC0

Hi,

Thanks for the URL, I'll try it. We're not looking =to making=20any profits, our main goal is to setup a local server which will act as =an=20Intranet server and also give the local residents cheap internet access. =Would=20it be possible that you send me your business plan, or are these things =usually=20confidential? (I live in Israel so I don't think I'll be posing any =competition=20to you).

From:=20 Douglas Moore (main) <doug@MR.COM.AU>
To: ='ntisp@emerald.iea.com' =<ntisp@emerald.iea.com>
Date:=20 Sunday, April 26, 1998 2:16 PM
Subject: RE: Business =Plan -=20 bandwidth/user ratio?

I've written a number of Business =Plans=20 before. My initial impressions for a small ISP is that margins are =pretty=20 tight, particularly for what we pay for bandwidth over here. =

You might try Charles Burke's book ="How=20 to build an Internet Service Company"
(see http://www.index.mis.net/kanti/) for =starters. He=20 gives an outline for an ISP business plan.