Re: Business Plan - bandwidth/user ratio?

Amitai Rottem ( (no email) )
Sun, 26 Apr 1998 08:30:16 +0300

------=_NextPart_000_003E_01BD70ED.9E462880

Hi,

I am no business expert, and so I have no idea on how to write a =
business plan. I need to write one for my local community, because we =
are planning on setting up a local ISP that will be free (and makes my =
work volunteer).
Could you please help me with the outline of what should be in an ISP's =
business plan?

Thanks,
Amitai Rottem@ibm.net & Rottem@yahoo.com
Web designer: www.gtcsales.com=20
www.duma.co.il www.ophirinc.com
From:=20 Douglas Moore (main) <doug@MR.COM.AU>
To: ='ntisp@emerald.iea.com' =<ntisp@emerald.iea.com>
Date:=20 Sunday, April 26, 1998 1:57 AM
Subject: Business Plan =-=20 bandwidth/user ratio?

Hi everybody,
I'm writing a business plan for starting an ISP =business.=20
The ISP would provide the usual =web access,=20 web page hosting, email, and newsfeeds.
I intend using MS Proxy Server/s which caches http and ftp =and so=20 hope to get a cache hit ratio of about 40%.
Based on your experiences what would be an acceptable user =to=20 bandwidth ratio?
For =example, how many=20 users for:
1. 64k =ISDN=20
2 128k ISDN
3. 128k frame relay
4. 256k=20 frame relay.
Also what =would be an=20 acceptable user/modem ratio for good connectivity? (7?) =
The rest i can calculate, but these figures =can only be=20 a result of experience.
Hoping someone=20 can help

Doug =Moore=20

------=_NextPart_000_003E_01BD70ED.9E462880--