Re: viewing reports

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 14 Aug 1998 23:31:53 -0700 ()

On Fri, 14 Aug 1998, Michael Bradley wrote:

> I am having trouble using some features of Emerald. We are using
> v.2.1.11 and on one machine I tried to use the client on most things
> seem to work ok except the Accounts tab on the main Emerald screen is
> blank, I have tried different things with the accounts.rpt file as far
> as where it is located in the path, checked various settings in the
> Emerald Admin, Config Client area, and extensively searched the the list
> archives but have not found a cure or this problem.

See the file:

ftp://ftp.iea-software.com/emerald/beta/Tabctl32.txt

to correct the blank tab problem.

> On another machine, I seem to have everything working OK, but want to be
> able to use the usercalls.rpt file found in the CR50 directory on the
> ftp server. When trying to run this report initially I got an "Unable
> to load report" error. Tried replacing crpe32.dll and crystl32.ocx (in
> the WinNT\system32 dir) with the newer version from the Emerald 2.2
> distribution. According to info found in the list archives this fix
> should work and other people have had success with it (?) but now
> Emerald generates an application error (access violation) whenever I try
> to run any reports. Ideas?

I would install Emerald 2.2 itself. Although its still in the beta
directory, its more widely used than Emerald 2.1 is. 2.2 includes
many fixes for reports and printing, as well as it includes the
CR 5.0 engine.

I would guess the problem is that you didn't run regsvr32 to
register the crystl32.ocx after you copied it into your system
directory. They are serialized, and you can't just replace the
file itself.

Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea-software.com)
IEA Software, Inc. | RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs
Internet Solutions for Today | http://www.iea-software.com