(no subject)

Ed and Kathy Tate ( (no email) )
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 08:22:57 -0700

Dale,

We wanted to have all the reports run from within the Emerald system. I am
unclear as to whether or not I can prompt a user for variables from within
the Emerald system.

Also, the only way I have been able to figure out a way to have a user pass
a variable with Crystal Reports is to use the ActiveX control within a VB
form. Is there another way?

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: emerald-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:emerald-request@iea-software.com]On Behalf Of Dale E. Reed Jr.
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 1998 10:48 AM
To: emerald@iea-software.com
Subject: Re:

Ed and Kathy Tate wrote:

> I have written several Crystal Report reports for use with Emerald. There
> are several reports where I would like the user to be able to pass a
> variable to the report such as a date range, customer status, etc. I
there
> a provision in Emerald to allow for this (I am running 2.1.11)? If not,
> what are my options?

Crystal Reports intself has the ability for you to define parameters and
query the user for them when the report is run. Therefore nothing is
required
on the Emerald side for this.

--Dale E. Reed Jr.  (daler@iea-software.com)_________________________________________________________________       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs Internet Solutions for Today  |   http://www.iea-software.com