Re: negative charges

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 10:14:21 -0400

> From: Olivier Astier <astier@EchoWeb.net>
> I would like to create a negative charge for some customers. I tried to
create it manually (I mean for each customer) with the amount (xx.xx) or
-xx.xx : both give me a positive charge. Then I created a charge type with
the amount -xx.xx : the amount shows ok in the charge type but the charge
created is still positive.

How do you have negative currency set up in Control Panel / Regional
Settings / Currency?
I think the way you enter in the charge has to be consistent with the above
settings.
Our settings are set at: -$1.1
So, when I enter in a negative charge (credit), I enter it in as (without
quotes) "-1.23". This is calculated as a negative value and shows up
everywhere else as a negative number, so everything works fine.

Josh Hillman
hillman@talstar.com