RE: New NAS

Brian Johnson ( (no email) )
Fri, 10 Jul 1998 08:29:55 -0500

[begin rebuttal]

Horse Pucky.

> This is weird, Ascend called me today to tell me that their v.90
> code is no
> longer beta. I told them to late, and stop calling. We just
> spent $50K on
> new Livingston/Lucent equipment.

Ascend thoroughly tests it's code before release. they allow beta releases
with strict instructions not to use it on a production machine. I have
never had problems with getting help from ascend. If anything, I have had
more problems with USR and finding upgrades for their modems (if an upgrade
exists).

> The USR eWhine list has more complaints then all the other lists together.
> And the $2K per year for service contracts are a joke.

What can you do about a company that continually looses every battle to
smaller companies who care more about the industry.

> All the other stuff on the market is either unsupported junk or WAY to
> expensive. Or has more bells & wistles than we will ever need,
> Unless GTE-North starts spending some of the money We pay them. Can't do
> BRI can't do PRI, lucky to be able to do trunkside CT1, untill last month
> we had lineside.

Not my fault you can't deal with so many options. Having the options of an
Ascend is what give me the flexibility I need to change out my gear with
little or no interruptions in service.

[end rebuttal]

> [end of vent]
> JOhn :}
>

> John C. Lange, Sr. PALACE dot NET, INC.
> microjl@palacenet.net MICRO-TECH Computers, Inc.
> 608.742.1601 & 6980 2800 New Pinery Road
> http://www.palacenet.net/ Portage, WI 53901
> Visit our online store @ http://www.microt.com/
> Authorized iPSwitch WebVar @ http://www.microt.com/iPSwitch/index.html
>
> --- __o