Re: Can Not Run Consolidation

Dale Reed ( daler@iea-software.com )
Wed, 01 Jul 1998 23:42:52 -0700

Alan D. Criado wrote:

> I did as you said below and got the following results:
>
> "This command did not return data, and it did not return any rows"
>
> I went into Emerald and tried to consolidate and got the eror executing
> message again. So I went back into isql_w and ran the console.sql script
> again. This time I got this result:
>
> "Msg 2729, Level 16, State 1
> Object 'Consolidation' group number 1 already exists in the database.
> Choose another procedure name
> Msg 2729, Level 16, State 1
> Object 'DeleteCalls' group number 1 already exists in the database.
> Choose another procedure name"

This is normal, since you already added the procs above.

> I went back into Emerald again and tried to run the consolidation and this
> time it seem to work ok. It said it ran successfully. However, I don't
> understand the above results from running the script and if they have any
> implications to my situation that I should be concern about.

The other issue we are seeing is that if your tempdb is too small, the
consolidation proc will fail. You can run a "consolidation x" (where x
is the first number in the summary box) in isql_w to see what the error
itself is. If you are getting a out of space error, expand your tempdb.
Somewhere around 10mb should work for most systems less than 1000 users.