Re: SERV-U dll

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Wed, 1 Jul 1998 11:33:47 -0400

>From: Derrick Young <dyoung@thenew.net>
>Question for anyone using the SERV-U dll.
>I have it installd and it appears to initialize ok however when I connect
>as a user it rejects the password.
>The client software(cute FTP) reports user name ok then invalid password.

If you're using SQL as your db back-end, was it started before Serv-U was
started? If the Serv-U service runs before SQL is finished loading, you'll
get authentication problems until you stop/restart Serv-U.

Also, if you're using an older version of the dll file, the user won't be
able to authenticate past his/her expiration date (regardless of whatever
grace-period is set (MasterAccounts.OverDue)) unless a value is entered in
for the MasterAccounts.Extension (temporary extension). The .dll file from
December 97 fixes this glitch and now recognizes both the grace period and
temp extension.

>I thought It might have to do with home directories defined in Emerald.
>I have tried using full UNC in emerald for path as well as typed as the
>local path on the FTP server (ie d:\ftpusers) but to no avail

I have my directory paths displayed like:
\\servername\users\whoever
\\servername\domains\whatever

Josh Hillman
hillman@talstar.com