Re: Opinion on Replication

Graeme Slogrove ( (no email) )
Fri, 19 Jun 1998 08:25:05 +0200

On 18 Jun 98 at 21:23, Kurt Schafer wrote:

> Can anybody give an opinion on how much bandwidth they think would
> be consumed doing a live replication of the Emerald DB over a WAN
> link ? In our case we would be replicating data for about 5000 users
> (500 access ports).
>
> Would 128k (ISDN) cut it ??

It depends on the amount of activity within the database, but as long
as you don't replicate things like the calls table, it is no problem.
We have it running for just on 7000 users, simply replicating the
required tables for authentication. Note that it is not necessary to
replicate all the tables, if you are only using it for
authentication.

Regards,
Graeme

---Graeme Slogrove, BSc (Eng) Elec (Wits)FastLight Data Distribution cchttp://www.fdd.netTel: +27-(0)11-706-0212   Fax: +27-(0)11-706-0812