Re: Importing bookkeeping data

Boyd Goodin ( (no email) )
Wed, 17 Jun 1998 17:34:04 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Mpolokoso <daniel@zamnet.zm>
To: emerald@iea-software.com <emerald@iea-software.com>
Date: Wednesday, June 17, 1998 2:53 PM
Subject: Re: Importing bookkeeping data

>Dale,
>
>Don't you think it would be of benefit to provider a user-friendly
interface
>into Emerald for importation of data? For example, why not have a fixed
>format record definition for MBR which can then be imported directly into
>Emerald? Post.Office, for example, uses templates for account creation and
>modification.

This I would have to agree with. With 3000+ customers it would be nice
to have an import utility. As just evailuating the software now I would not
want to have to add them all in to accomodate the number of NAS's that we
have. This is one of the things that I will have to take into account when
it comes time to tell the boss to buy it or not.

Boyd Goodin
Planet systems Inc. Usenet News via Satellite!
Both North America and Europe feeds!
Technical Director
423-623-8300
Web: www.planetc.com/satellite