Re: Importing bookkeeping data

Daniel Mpolokoso ( daniel@zamnet.zm )
Wed, 17 Jun 1998 20:50:01 +0200

Dale,

Don't you think it would be of benefit to provider a user-friendly interface
into Emerald for importation of data? For example, why not have a fixed
format record definition for MBR which can then be imported directly into
Emerald? Post.Office, for example, uses templates for account creation and
modification.

Another example could be importation of billing information generated
outside of Emerald. Surely the interface isn't that complex, so long as
certain rules are adhered to. I realise there may be a level of complexity
in the inner-workings of Emerald and interaction with the database, but
surely, end-users shouldn't have to be SQL Server gurus as well?

Regards,

Daniel.

-- ------------------------------------------------------------------------Daniel Mpolokoso - Technical Manager,           Email:  daniel@zamnet.zmZAMNET Communication Systems Limited,           Phone: +260 - 1 - 751751P.O. Box 32379, Lusaka, Zambia.                 Fax:   +260 - 1 - 290358