Re: Multiple IP address pools

Rudy Komsic ( (no email) )
Tue, 16 Jun 1998 11:23:06 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01BD9919.22557560

You can use it with the USR Chassis No problem... The way to configure =
it is via IP Address and subnetting via Netmask. Make sure you specify =
on your Internet Router that the gateway for your subnetted IPs will be =
your chassis. =20
-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Whisenant <mwhisen@airnet.net>
To: emerald@iea-software.com <emerald@iea-software.com>
Date: June 16, 1998 10:12 AM
Subject: Re: Multiple IP address pools
=20
I can say the USR Total Control will work. Regardless of chassis =
bundle. It works on HiPer ARC Routers cards as well as Netserver =
cards....
=20
=20
At 12:08 PM 6/15/98 -0700, you wrote:=20
=20
I am evaluating Emerald for use with my ISP service. We have one =
requirement
that I can't seem to get straight, maybe you could help me. We =
have some
businesses that purchase blocks of dial up accounts. All those =
account need
to be assigned an address from a specific address pool. So group =
one would
have IP subnet 1 and group 2 would have IP subnet 2 etc... It =
seems that I
can do this with Emerald but that it only works with certain =
access
concentrators.
=20
I was told the Ascend Max's would work. I was given the =
impression that in
order to this I would have to support to ascend only radius =
attributes of
ascend-define-ip-address-pool and ascend-assign-ip-address-pool =
{something
like that :)}. Talking to Bay Networks they are telling me that =
they support
this kind of configuration from the Radius software rather than =
the NAS.
They are using Funk software's steel belted Radius.
=20
What NAS can I use? We are using Bay Networks 8000s and were =
looking at USR
TCs? I was told the PM3 absolutely wouldn't work?
=20
Thanks in advance...
=20
Joe Bissot
PCInternet
=20
=20
=20
=20
Michael J. Whisenant
Vice-President, Operations
AIRnet Internet Services, Inc.
ph: (256) 704-4692 fax: (256) 704-2329=20

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01BD9919.22557560

You can use it with the USR Chassis =No=20problem... The way to configure it is via IP Address and subnetting via=20Netmask.  Make sure you specify on your Internet Router that the =gateway=20for your subnetted IPs will be your chassis.
-----Original =Message-----
From:=20 Michael Whisenant <mwhisen@airnet.net>
To: =emerald@iea-software.com =<emerald@iea-software.com>=
Date:=20 June 16, 1998 10:12 AM
Subject: Re: Multiple IP =address=20 pools

I can say the USR Total Control will =work. =20 Regardless of chassis bundle.  It works on HiPer ARC Routers =cards as=20 well as Netserver cards....

At 12:08 PM 6/15/98 -0700, =you wrote:=20
I am evaluating Emerald for use with =my ISP=20 service. We have one requirement
that I can't seem to get =straight,=20 maybe you could help me. We have some
businesses that =purchase blocks=20 of dial up accounts. All those account need
to be assigned an =address=20 from a specific address pool. So group one would
have IP =subnet 1 and=20 group 2 would have IP subnet 2 etc... It seems that I
can do =this=20 with Emerald but that it only works with certain=20 access
concentrators.

I was told the Ascend Max's =would work.=20 I was given the impression that in
order to this I would have =to=20 support to ascend only radius attributes=20 of
ascend-define-ip-address-pool and =ascend-assign-ip-address-pool=20 {something
like that :)}. Talking to Bay Networks they are =telling me=20 that they support
this kind of configuration from the Radius =software=20 rather than the NAS.
They are using Funk software's steel =belted=20 Radius.

What NAS can I use? We are using Bay Networks =8000s and=20 were looking at USR
TCs? I was told the PM3 absolutely =wouldn't=20 work?

Thanks in advance...

Joe=20 Bissot
PCInternet

ph: (256) 704-4692 fax: =(256)=20 704-2329 ------=_NextPart_000_001E_01BD9919.22557560--