[Emerald Digest]

emerald-digest-request@iea-software.com
Fri, 12 Jun 1998 00:00:00 -0700

Message 1: Re: [rockliffe] Re: Slightly off topic.
from Jim Bynet <jim@bynet.com>

Message 2: Re: Slightly off topic.
from "Richard Sensale" <richards@visitus.net>

Message 3: RE: Slightly off topic.
from "John Davies" <jgd@rockliffe.com>

Message 4: Something strange
from "Dusan Janjic" <djanjic@rockbridge.net>

Message 5: Multiple IP address pools
from "Joe Bissot" <jblist@pcinternet.net>

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 1 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: Re: [rockliffe] Re: Slightly off topic.
From: Jim Bynet <jim@bynet.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 09:38:02 +0100

>>>Hi folks. this is just a bit off topic but Im kind of desperate to get a
>>>small problem solved. We have an all NT network and we need to set up a
>>>simple form on our page so people can sign up. the form just has to email
>>>the application to our sales mail account. We had one done using blat but
>>>it doesn't work. If anyone has something like this set up on their system
>>>now, I would appreciate any help. Im used to unix scripting but on NT and
>>>IIS it doesnt work as well. Please directly email me at
>>>richards@visitus.net if you can help.

You can pick up a copy of mailto.exe from http://www.net-shopper.co.uk

Jim Bynet

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 2 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: Re: Slightly off topic.
From: "Richard Sensale" <richards@visitus.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 12:05:12 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_010D_01BD9531.2FEDED60

John

Do you have a direct email for the author of this package? He has no
contact info on his page, and I want to order his dll. His online purchase
page does not work.

Richard Sensale
Network Administrator
VisitUs Internet, Inc.
5468 Schaefer Road
Dearborn, MI 48126 USA
(313) 945-5588
(313) 945-0202 fax
http://www.visitus.net
richards@visitus.net
>>Hi folks. this is just a bit off topic but Im kind of desperate to get a
>>small problem solved. We have an all NT network and we need to set up a
>>simple form on our page so people can sign up. the form just has to email
>>the application to our sales mail account. We had one done using blat but
>>it doesn't work. If anyone has something like this set up on their system
>>now, I would appreciate any help. Im used to unix scripting but on NT and
>>IIS it doesnt work as well. Please directly email me at
>>richards@visitus.net if you can help.
>
>I think we have a couple of solutions listed on
>http://www.rockliffe.com/mailsite/tools.htm
>
>We use BriFormMail on our site and it works well.
>
>Regards, John.

------=_NextPart_000_010D_01BD9531.2FEDED60
filename="Richard A Sensale.vcf"

BEGIN:VCARD
N:Sensale;Richard;A
FN:Richard A Sensale
ORG:VisitUs Internet, Inc.;Engineering, Operations
TITLE:Network Administrator
TEL;WORK;VOICE:(313) 945-5588
TEL;WORK;FAX:(313) 945-0202
ADR;WORK:;;5468 Schaefer Road;Dearborn;MI;48126;USA
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=3DQUOTED-PRINTABLE:5468 Schaefer =
Road=3D0D=3D0ADearborn, MI 48126=3D0D=3D0AUSA
URL:http://www3.visitus.net/wolfen
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:richards@visitus.net
EMAIL;INTERNET:webmaster@visitus.net
EMAIL;INTERNET:hostmaster@visitus.net
EMAIL;INTERNET:info@visitus.net
EMAIL;INTERNET:postmaster@visitus.net
END:VCARD

From: "John Davies" <jgd@rockliffe.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 10:07:53 -0700

Brian Lakstins [brian@abcs.com]

>Do you have a direct email for the author of this package? He has no
>contact info on his page, and I want to order his dll. His online purchase
>page does not work.
>
>>>Hi folks. this is just a bit off topic but Im kind of desperate to get a
>>>small problem solved. We have an all NT network and we need to set up a
>>>simple form on our page so people can sign up. the form just has to email
>>>the application to our sales mail account. We had one done using blat but
>>>it doesn't work. If anyone has something like this set up on their system
>>>now, I would appreciate any help. Im used to unix scripting but on NT and
>>>IIS it doesnt work as well. Please directly email me at
>>>richards@visitus.net if you can help.
>>
>>I think we have a couple of solutions listed on
>>http://www.rockliffe.com/mailsite/tools.htm
>>
>>We use BriFormMail on our site and it works well.
>>
>>Regards, John.

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 4 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: Something strange
From: "Dusan Janjic" <djanjic@rockbridge.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 21:18:08 -0400

Hi Dale and all

Maybe it is just a coincidence but today we have switched our service to
PRI lines and our authentication stopped working when Radius is running
as a service. Radius -x15 works fine. As soon as I stop it from DOS
prompt it no longer works. To make things worst Dr. Watson jumps
inexplicably and after that nothing works. I have adjusted parameters in
Radius tab done a "report" command. Have exact number of ports. I am
running RadiusNT 2.2. Portmasters 3, Emerald 2.2.23 and Emerald Admin
2.2.19. What am I missing?

I need urgent help!!!! Thanks.

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 5 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: Multiple IP address pools
From: "Joe Bissot" <jblist@pcinternet.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 20:52:12 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_00C3_01BD957A.CF01EAC0

I am evaluating Emerald for use with my ISP service. We have one =
requirement
that I can't seem to get straight, maybe you could help me. We have some
businesses that purchase blocks of dial up accounts. All those account =
need
to be assigned an address from a specific address pool. So group one =
would
have IP subnet 1 and group 2 would have IP subnet 2 etc... It seems that =
can do this with Emerald but that it only works with certain access
concentrators.

I was told the Ascend Max's would work. I was given the impression that =
in
order to this I would have to support to ascend only radius attributes =
of
ascend-define-ip-address-pool and ascend-assign-ip-address-pool =
{something
like that :)}. Talking to Bay Networks they are telling me that they =
support
this kind of configuration from the Radius software rather than the NAS.
They are using Funk software's steel belted Radius.

What NAS can I use? We are using Bay Networks 8000s and were looking at =
USR
TCs? I was told the PM3 absolutely wouldn't work?

Thanks in advance...

Joe Bissot
PCInternet

------=_NextPart_000_00C3_01BD957A.CF01EAC0

I am evaluating Emerald for use with my ISP service. We have one=20requirement
that I can't seem to get straight, maybe you could help =me. We=20have some
businesses that purchase blocks of dial up accounts. All =those=20account need
to be assigned an address from a specific address pool. =So group=20one would
have IP subnet 1 and group 2 would have IP subnet 2 etc... =It seems=20that I
can do this with Emerald but that it only works with certain=20access
concentrators.

I was told the Ascend Max's would work. =I was=20given the impression that in
order to this I would have to support to =ascend=20only radius attributes of
ascend-define-ip-address-pool and=20ascend-assign-ip-address-pool {something
like that :)}. Talking to =Bay=20Networks they are telling me that they support
this kind of =configuration=20from the Radius software rather than the NAS.
They are using Funk =software's=20steel belted Radius.

What NAS can I use? We are using Bay =Networks 8000s=20and were looking at USR
TCs? I was told the PM3 absolutely wouldn't=20work?

Thanks in advance...

Joe=20Bissot
PCInternet
------=_NextPart_000_00C3_01BD957A.CF01EAC0--