Re: Emerald won't run today, Take III

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 5 Jun 1998 11:35:54 -0700 ()

On Fri, 5 Jun 1998, Jeff Woods wrote:

> I had thought that, but it didn't work the first time, hence my urgent
> messages. Turns out that was the solution, but it took a second re-install
> for some reason. Perhaps it couldn't replace a .DLL in use during the
> first re-install/reboot.... In any case, it is working now.

I've seen situations (especially with the tabctl32.ocx nightmare)
where tyhe system had the tab cached, and even after replacing
and re-registering the new one, the problem still persisted.
A reboot cleared it and everything worked.

> Emerald 2.2 was not available to any but those who specifically needed
> something in it -- and I wasn't one of them, so I never have had access to
> the Emerald 2.2 distribution files, as far as I know. The last full
> version I have is 2.1.11.

Emerald 2.2 has been on the ftp site for well over a year, publicly
accessible.

Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea-software.com)
IEA Software, Inc. | RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs
Internet Solutions for Today | http://www.iea-software.com