Re: Emerald would not issue a Renewal-Invoice

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Fri, 5 Jun 1998 11:55:10 -0400

Dale,

Thanks for looking into this. I didn't realize that an
Invoice.Type=Invoice interferred with the generation of Renewal invoices.
I thought only mismatched Renewal invoices / maExpireDates could cause
problems. Anyway, the problem is fixed and this is what I did to fix it:

There were two invoices (Type=Invoice), one paid, and the other was created
a few days ago. The start/end dates WERE 3/5/98 - 6/5/98 and 6/5/98 -
9/5/98 (while the current maExpireDate = 6/1/98, which coincides with the
regular Renewal invoices). I changed the start/end dates on those two
invoices so that they were the first of the month instead of the 5th, just
to be consistent with the normal billing cycle. Then, I ran the following
for the most recent Invoice (Type=Invoice) to temporarily void it:
UPDATE Invoices SET Type='Void' WHERE InvoiceID = 7543
After that, I was able to create the next normal Renewal invoice (6/1 -
9/1). After creating it, I changed invoice 7543 back to Type=Invoice so
that both can be paid.

Josh Hillman
hillman@talstar.com