Re: Serious Problem

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 29 May 1998 04:06:07 -0700

Robert H. Clugston wrote:

> Dear List,
> n EA I had 1800 for the idle-timeout. It was showing as 1800 in radiusNT
> debug mode, but it was really 180. Acct termination was idle-timeout. I
> finally remove the idle-timeout all together.
> This happened after I add a session-timeout to the defaults. Should the
> session timeout come before the idle timeout? Would this cause the problem?

There are two columns in which data can be stored. One is a long (numeric) and
the other is a string. Depending on the TYPE of the attribute from the
RadAttributes table, it will use the applicable column. Therefore, if the
column is of type integer, it doesn't matter what the data (the string type
column) contains, RadiusNT will send the value (number type column) for
that attribute. Emerald will put a numeric value in both columns, and leave
the numeric set to 0 for a string type. If you are seeing two different
numbers in debug mode, realize only one is relevant. The number is ()
in debug mode is the value (numeric) column.